THE UNION OF STONE & MARBLE IN PALESTINE
Established in 1996, the USM- Palestine is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit membership-based organization dedicated to promoting the goals and protecting the needs of the Palestinian stone and marble producers. The USM has been the leading representative of the industry members since its establishment, currently we have 3 regional offices in Hebron , Nablus and Jenin, while the headquarters is located in Bethlehem.
The Union assists its members continually in all aspects which could develop and promote the industry, by building strong relationships with governmental and non-governmental institutions at the local and global level in order to implement the programs and the multiple and diverse services for the advancement of the industry and in order to make it a globally competitive one through attracting foreign investments and also through meeting the requirements needed for the development of this sector.
• To represent the stone and marble sector in Palestine in its relationship with the governmental and non-governmental institutions, and to advocate the needs and interests of the producers
• To advice the government on needed infrastructure
• To foster the development of skills needed to promote the stone and marble production, and export development through training programs and supporting the restructuring of production capacities
• To participate in the world network of exhibitions and conferences related to the stone and marble industry
• To serve as the principle contact point for those who seek investment and opportunities in the stone and marble sector
• To reinforce the role of the USM, as a resource center for information on Palestinian stone and marble industry
• To strengthen and sustain co-operation among members, and seek to address their concerns and complexities that may arise.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Subhi Thawabta - Chairman
The Owner and General Manager of Al-aqsa Company
Nour Al-Deen Jaradat - Vice Chairman
The Owner and General Manager of Abu Ezzolf stone Co.
Reyad Gaith - Treasurer
The Owner and General Manager of Middle East Co.for Marble
Habib Mora - Secretary
The Owner and General Manager of Hanna Murra & Sons Co.
Nazeh Najem - Board Member
The Owner and General Manager of Engineering Co. For reconstruction
Hatem Yamak - Board Member
The Owner and General Manager Al Itikal Modern Co.for Stone
Ali Alawneh - Board Member
Place & link text here
Place & link text here